1. Age requirement: 12 years old by January 1 or older up to age 21.
2. May be a relative to any current member or helper/worker of any current member, who is involved with Clydesdales or Shires. Be able to attend and represent ORCSA at the Ohio State Fair's Clydesdale and Shire Classes, Equine Affaire, as many county fairs or shows as possible and any other Major Draft Horse Shows during his/her tenure.
3. The Representative will be given a Sash and Tiara or Cowboy Hat paid for by ORCSA. Any expenses incurred for passes or parking shall be kept and filed with the Treasurer for Board review, to determine amount of reimbursement at the end of the showing season for the year. The Representative should notify the Shows/Fairs prior to attending that he/she will be our available Representative.
4. Each Outgoing Representative will be required to write a short report of his/her experiences for the year, and this will be sent to the Treasurer, who will then forward it to the Secretary of ORCSA, prior to the Annual Fall Membership Meeting. This will be copied and given to the next upcoming Representative for reference.
5. It is requested that the Representative dress appropriately for the Shows/Fairs. This will require that Representative to wear Dress pants/slacks, casual conservative blouses/shirts, comfortable shoes or boots for Halter Classes. Formal dresses or suits, comfortable shoes or boots for Hitch Classes. NO BLUE JEANS, T-SHIRTS or SHORTS. SANDALS SHOULD NOT BE WORN for SAFETY REASONS.
6. The Representative will be voted on at our Annual Membership Meeting in the Fall for the upcoming year, and is requested to send to the Treasurer, an information sheet including age, relationship to current member, photo, activities involved with, school attending and any extra activities including sports, church, clubs or volunteer work. This autobiography will then be forwarded it to the current Secretary of ORCSA, by the Treasurer. A request for perspective Representatives will be made in the "Feather Features" which will be put out in our Spring and Summer issues. The Autobiographies and Photos of our perspective Representatives will be kept on file by the Secretary.
The Application form to be a youth representative is here.